torek, 24. november 2015

Oslo, the capital of Norway

Last year, in 2014, I flew with Ryanair from Croatia to Norway on the 5th of September.
Me and my sidekick Anja, we went together. It was my first flight ever.
We took off at 10:15am and landed around noon.

So, we landed at the airport Oslo Rygge in Norway where we had to buy the bus tickets to the city centre. 
I paid 117 NOK (almost 13€), because i got students discount.

Almost forgot: NOK stands for Norwegian krone.
1€ = 9,4 NOK

When we came to the city centre, we bought 7-day NSB ticket for the public transport which costed 230 NOK per person (around 24€). With that ticket in our hands, we began to explore the beauty of Norway.                                              

Of course we got lost. 
I forgot where exactly we were heading to, but for sure we got lost, because we ended up somewhere in the Holmekollen area which was not bad at all - at least i saw that famous ski jump hill. 
I fell in love with Vigelandsparken which is the most amazing sculpture park I've ever seen. Luckily, i took some great photographs:

The next day, we headed to the Oslo Opera House. They call it Operahuset.
I think it is amazing, looking all white and designed the way you can go on the roof and enjoy the beautiful view on the Oslo's fjord from it.

I managed to create an awesome panoramic photograph of Opera House:

And this is me on the rooftop:
And this is at the bottom, still on the Opera's terirritory:

We found out that our NSB public transport card included ferries to the small islands near Oslo, named Hovedoya, Lindoya and Nakholmen. Of course, we took advantage of that.

The first island we went to was Nakholmen. 
There was a beach, covered with shells and there was no one there, except us tourists. It was said that locals only use the island for the weekends. 
The second island we went to was Hovedoya. Magnificent island. The island has that old gun powder storage house.
ž
After the whole day exploring, we hop on the ferry back to the city centre. 
On the third day, I went to the Munch museum and sightsaw some more. 

Love,
Leja.






Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar