četrtek, 26. november 2015

Lovely Copenhagen

We left Stockholm and went towards Copenhagen, Denmark. 

Tourists as we were, we had to stop somewhere and we chose Malmo. At that time we did not know about the delicate matters that were happening there. I read that one certain area is known for increasing violence: grenade attacks, shootings and arsons. Malmo is Sweden's third largest city and full of migrants.

There is this one specific district that is problematic and it is called Rosengard. Over 80 percent of people, living there, are immigrants. I did not know but the city is known for Sweden's most notorious refugee ghetto.

Here is the Rosengard area (red colored):

I have to say that i did not find Malmo creepy or something. Actually I found it peaceful and I liked it there. They had Espresso House and Starbucks at the train station, which immediately made me happy.

After all these ''must do'' errands, we went for a walk around the town. There were lots of parks but I noticed there were not many people on the streets. Actually I remember only a few people were on the streets.

So we left Malmo and went forward. They put our train on the ferry.

I still remember that big crowded train station in Copenhagen. It was easy to orientate, because there was a giant amusement park, called Tivoli Gardens, near the main train and bus station. You could see that high green tower, spinning around and you knew you were near Tivoli and in the city centre. Well, you did not know where exactly you were, but you could assess the air distance to the city centre.

DKK stand for Danish Krone.
1€ = 7,5 DKK
We bought a ticket for 10 rides withing 3 zones and it costed 200 DKK which is around 27€. Funny, every Scandinavian city except Helsinki took me almost 30€ for the public transport.
Of course we went to Tivoli Gardens as well. Firstly, they took us 13€ each for the entrance fee and then we had to buy three coupons for one ride with that green thing I mentioned before. That ride costed us 75 DKK which is 10€. If we ignore the 23e we left there, the panoramic view from that green thing was awesome. You could see the whole Copenhagen and it for sure gave me gooosebumps. 

Tivoli Garden is amazing. If you go to Copenhagen, you should go there. But go in the evening because of all the lights.

So we went around the town and had the best pizza ever. You should try that 7-Eleven's pizza ... So yummy, I miss that. We were the regular customers there and I remember when the guy told us there was only one left so we had to share it. Hard times ...

I think it is time to introduce the attractions:

There is that place in Copenhagen, called Christiania. It is known as the Freetown with almost 900 residents. They have a special law that allow them to live more freely. They can smoke and sell weed in that area. Once you are in that area, you are not allowed to take photos.

I forgot to mention that Copenhagen sold me the most expensive beer in my life.
It happened in Hard Rock Cafe. It is true that me and my sidekick had to celebrate something, but it still costed us 27€ - for two Carlsberg beers.

Cheers,
Leja

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar