torek, 24. november 2015

Fairytale Helsinki, Finland

After me and my sidekick left Norway in September 2014, we went to Stockholm where we bought one way tickets for the Viking Line ferry to Helsinki. It costed 56€ per person. I am pretty sure it would be way more cheaper when booked in advance. Nevertheless, we got an amazing room for ourselves which made us survive 17 hours of voyage.
 

  To make things clear, that is a pill for motion sickness that my sidekick had to take: 

After we unpacked and stuff, we went to the bar to get into the spirit. The mood of course got better but fastly faded when we got the receipt for our small order of two small Heiniken beers, served in the overcleaned glasses for 15€. I forgot to mention the fact that the ferry was full of old well-groomed people. That important fact helped us understand why the prices were so overrated.
The thing with prices got worse in the future, but ... Laters.


 We finally put our wallets aside, but not for long. 
Soon we stood on the solid ground and had to pay the transfer from the port to the centre of Helsinki. I remember being all exhausted waiting for the tram to come, but then again, how could I be asleep when all these new things were happening to me. 


I was impressed by the city. I loved the architecture, the big green parks with a lot of benches ... Evrything seemed more colourful. I find it ironic, because I always imagened Finland covered with snow. Town where the Santa lives and the deers fly. 


My favorite beer.

Yes, they have Starbucks too and they almost wrote my name correctly:

The problem with Finland in 2014 was that the country had transaction difficulties or some sort of problems with atm machines for other European countries ... I remember I wanted to get some money out of atm and the only thing I got out of it was an empty piece of paper that made me go crazy because I thought someone robbed me. 

I called to Slovenia to make things clear with my bank and the problem was with the bank policy. You know, they cannot tell you that kind of things on the phone so it took me some extra time to clarify the matter. To conclude: Everything was fine, except that the atm did not give me what i wanted.

Luckily we had cash with us, otherwise we would not be even able to pay for the public toilet in the shopping mall - because they want 1€ for it. 

It is not like here where you have people employed to take your money for using the public toilet that they are cleaning for you ... In Helsinki they have the door locked. If you throw the wanted coin in the slot, the door unlocks. I remember once we had a problem because we had no change and we went to plenty of shops to exchange the money, but they did not want to cooperate.

Otherwise, without complaints.

Love,
Leja



Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar